Graduate Programs-Registration Information

Registration for Summer 2018 Courses Begins March 14th beginning at 9:00 AM


How to Apply for Graduate Admission


3 Easy Ways to Register- View the Schedule & Course Descriptions on Cyberfriar


2. FAX in your registration using our registration form– NEW & CONTINUING STUDENTS


  • In-person registration for education, mathematics, and theology courses: Enrollment Services, Harkins Hall 310.
  • In-person registration for history courses: History Department, Ruane Center for the Humanities, Room 137.
  • In-person registration for business courses: School of Business, Koffler Hall 115.

NON-DEGREE STUDENTS: Students holding a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university may be allowed to register for graduate courses contingent upon their requisite background for the specific courses.  In each case, permission must be obtained from the program director.  No more than two courses can be taken as a non-degree candidate. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.  Additional courses require acceptance into a degree program.

Tuition/Late Registration & Refund Policies

See the Office of the Bursar’s website for information on tuition and refunding policies.

Textbook Information

In compliance with the federal Higher Education Act (2008), a listing of required and/or optional textbooks for courses is made available via the College’s bookstore website.  Faculty are asked to submit textbook information to the College bookstore as materials are identified and retain the right to change book orders at any time. If textbooks are not listed two weeks prior to the start of classes, students should contact the instructor directly. Students are free to choose where they purchase course materials. As good practice, students should carefully evaluate all suppliers of course materials, including their refund policies and shipping charges. It is recommended that students check the Providence College bookstore website prior to the start of the semester for any changes to course materials.

Mandatory Immunization Form


Providence College policy and Rhode Island State law require the College to keep a medical immunization form on file for all full-time students (9 or more credits).  Proof of immunity is required prior to registration. Please complete the Immunization Form and return to the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Harkins Hall 213.


Technology Resources Log-In Information

Log-in credentials for CyberFriar, computer access for the labs and library, college email, and SAKAI are issued through the Office of Enrollment Services.  Please contact us for log-in information or PIN resets.


Our online student information system that allows you to  view semester course offerings and course descriptions, register online, make payments, check grades, request official transcripts, print unofficial transcripts, and review your financial account.


Sakai is is a web-based course management and collaboration portal that enables instructors to manage course materials and to communicate with students.  SAKAI functions both as a complement to traditional courses and as a site for distance learning. If you encounter technical difficulties in accessing SAKAI, end an email to from the email address on file with the college.

Providence College Photo ID

Matriculating graduate students are issued a Providence College ID Card which allows students to check books out from the library, add money to their PC Cash account and their card to spend money on campus at locations such as PC Perk, C-Store, Jazzman’s Café, vending, laser printers, and copy machines.  It also acts as on-campus identification.  Students must go to the PC Card Office in Harkins 401, between the hours of 8:30AM to 4:30PM to have their photo taken.  The first card is free of charge.  There is a fee for a replacement card.

Parking on Campus

All Graduate, Adjunct and SCE students are eligible to park on campus at no cost but only after applying for and receiving a parking sticker. These stickers will be valid for the academic school year.  To apply for a parking pass, you may do so online through the Department of Public Safety.